Go to Frank's home page by clicking below

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pricing & Customers

There are customers for everyone. You pick your customers. Some customers are focused only on spending the least possible and have no concern for quality or professionalism. There are plenty of companies out there willing to do shoddy work for almost nothing. Don't compete with them. Price yourself high enough to lose all of these people. These are the same people who complain about everything anyway.



Consider Flat Rate, or Up Front Pricing. There are several good programs out there. I've asked the following question from people who had switched to flat rate pricing for the last 15 years. "Do you make more money and are customers more satisfied?" 100% have answered yes. What does that say? Email me for some recommendations.


The most successful contractors companies in North America, are also the most expensive. What does that tell you?

If you are reluctant to raise prices, ask yourself why you don't think you are worth it?

So many times I've had contractors tell me that they feel like they are ripping people off by raising prices as I suggest. I ask you this . . . Is it because you do crappy work and are unprofessional and don't feel you are worth it? Otherwise you would have no problem charging a fee for great service, wonderful customer experiences, clean and professional service people, new trucks, a great workplace, fantastic benefits, excellent truck stock and the best team of people in your town.

. . . Or do you prefer to just be the guy who can only offer low prices as your best attribute?

Want next year to be the best ever? Raise your price. Need help in getting started? Come to one of my "Beyond the Basics" workshops listed in the schedule below.

I also offer onsite consulting and private classes if you would like me to speak to your employees or just sit and work with you.

*WARNING* I may make you realize that you need to make some drastic changes in your business and you may not like what you hear from me. I won't waste your time or mine. . . But I will tell you the truth, and you will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment