Go to Frank's home page by clicking below

Monday, October 1, 2012

Would your customers vote for YOU!

If you were a Candidate in an Election, Would Your Customers Pick You? I've had more than a few people try to encourage me to run for political office. I have strong political views and I love to speak in front of groups and am very motivating when I speak in public. My problem is that I have too many issues from the past that my competitors would have a field day with. I would really not want my personal life dragged through the news and I am sure it would be. Since I have enough things to worry about, politics is not in my future. Imagine yourself being put on a close inspection by the public. Everything you ever did wrong would be displayed in the news. (Unless of course you spend millions of dollars on attorney fees keeping your personal, education and financial records private and sealed). Actually, this is how it kind of really is anyway, isn't it? Anything you do wrong is broadcast to all of the friends, family and neighbors of the client who was dissatisfied. Whether you believe it or not, when you offer services to the public, you are a candidate who is competing with all of the others for your clients' votes. They vote by hiring you. Your advertising, your reviews, complaints, recommendations and actual customer contacts are considered a campaign. When a customer calls and asked questions, you are giving a campaign pledge. When the service is performed properly, you won their vote and hopefully when the next election comes up, they will vote for you again. Running a service business requires promises to get votes. Your voters are your customers, and they vote with their dollars, referrals and loyalty. It takes a campaign with promises to get the client to call and it takes following through on those promises to keep them happy. It is possible to win the election by letting people know you are there, making legitimate promises and following through on them. You just have to do it better than everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment